|16 August 2022||Health & Nutrition||Baidoa||Full Time||save the children|
TITLE: Temporary Program Officer-Child Survival
TEAM/PROGRAM: Health, Nutrition and WASH
CONTRACT LENGTH: 7 Months
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Child Survival Program Officer will work on the day-to-day activities in the field and is responsible on the direct planning and coordination of all sector activities for health, nutrition and WASH.
He/She will closely work with relevant line ministries for ease of coordination, information sharing, implementation and quality services delivery. He/She will report on the progress of activities on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the line manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Nutrition Program Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: MOH Supervisors, OTP/TSFP Nurses, Mobilizers and Data Clerk)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Operational implementation responsibilities
· Prepare detailed action plans and ensure that Program is implemented in accordance with the work plans with the involvement of partners and concerned stakeholders at all levels
· Liaise directly with community elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operating in targeted programme sites regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities
· Work closely with targeted communities to solve and mediate any conflicts that may arise within the course of programme implementation.
· Ensure timely procurement, development, distribution and utilization of respective programme supplies.
· Identifying programme related training gaps, planning, implementation, ensuring quality of the training and write training reports.
· Produce and implement monthly and quarterly plans in line with (Detailed implementation plan, procurement plans and phased budgets)
· Assist line manager in tracking project expenditures to ensure budgets are strictly adhered in line with SCI financial procedures
· Provide field reports with regards to the programme implementation and challenges encountered to the respective line manager to ensure timely action is taken.
· Line manage Programme Assistants, provide relevant support that they require on a regular basis, managing their performance, timesheets, annual leave & build their capacity.
· Support the collection and documentation of the needs, impact and success stories
· Support preparation of IEC materials for accountability, visibility and communication, with the purpose of promoting and disseminating of messages
· Support and ensure the implementation of cross cutting issues (Participation, gender, safeguarding, and disability inclusion) by identifying risks, concerns and mainstreaming to programme implementation.
· Promote and advocate children’s rights, document and report child right gaps within the scope of the programme at community level
Technical and thematic Responsibilities
· Design community level Nutrition Health Hygiene Promotion (NHHP) through community action plan.
· Work with the Community Mobilisers (CNVs, CHW/FHW and CHP,) to engage community and ensure good quality triage that new arrivals are seen as a priority.
· To ensure minimum standards of WASH, Health and Nutrition humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere standard and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
· Provide on site technical support mentoring, couching on health, nutrition and WASH services in the health facility and community.
· Ensure that all line ministries staff understand,adhere and implement program guidelines and procedures for quality services delivery.
· Supplies management: Program staff are responsible to prepare distribution plan,rational drug use and utilization, proper stock management (Bin card, stock card, SRF, waybills, GRN and stock report). Also prepare beneficiary sign lists for accountability purpose.
· Facilitate cross-sectoral programming, particularly to promote excellent communication and referral between inter and intra thematic sectorsthrough integration model.
· Supervision: Ensure weekly/monthly and quarterly program monitoring and prepare field visit report for decision making purposes.
· Ensure all line ministries staff are familiar with their duties, and take the necessary measures.
· Work closely with the teams to ensure standard and correct criterias areunderstood and used effectively across the programs.
· Ensure adequate availability of all supplies at the point of distribution and proper documentations and guidelines are used
· Facilitate and monitor implementation of community level activities
· Ensure proper filling and documentation of relevant program documents.
· Provide support to the REALM team to effectively implement thematic quality benchmark, IPTT, monitor ongoing programme activities and report progress
· Work with REALM team in collecting information on needs assessment, baselines and post distribution monitoring ensuring the highest level of professional conduct by those collecting data to ensure data integrity.
· Produce timely programme quarterly monitoring and supervision reports and ensure the documentation and dissemination to the concerned parties, using standards checklists, monitoring tools such as QBMs.
· Support the line manager in addressing MEAL issues and update action plan trackers
· Prepare field visit plans and supervision and use standard checklists in during the field trips
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties with respect to their level of skills and experience
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures. The post holder must commit to work in an international agency that respects racial diversity and fights racism in all forms; and to model positive behaviours and respect to all colleagues, partners and communities.
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with the SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Qualified persons with disabilities and qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Aug 16, 2022