|20 August 2019||Health||Mogadishu. Somalia||Full Time||Mercy-USA for Aid and Development|
POSITION: PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERT
REPORTS TO: TEAM LEADER
Nature and Scope of the Position
The Public Health Officer will ensure that Mercy USA‘s health and nutrition programmes meet minimum Mercy USA and international standards and minimize avoidable mortality and morbidity among populations of concern. The Public Health Expert supports and provides guidance to the health and nutrition focal points and officers in our field offices
Duties and Responsibilities
· A clinical background with postgraduate training/Degree in Public Health or related field
· Knowledge of public health, nutrition and HIV in humanitarian emergencies
· 4 years minimum experience in similar position working as a Public Health Officer/ Health Officer/ Clinical Officer in a humanitarian emergency and recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
· Experience of implementing USAID,UN,EAC,DFID, ECHO funded projects
· Experience working with budgets, including managing financial outlays and expenditures
Work related skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Team player
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong customer relation skills
Due to the nature of Mercy USA Operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
About Mercy USA
Mercy-USA for Aid and Development is dedicated to alleviating human suffering and supporting individuals and their communities in their efforts to become more self-sufficient. Incorporated in the State of Michigan in 1988, Mercy-USA’s projects focus on improving health, nutrition and access to safe water, as well as promoting economic and educational growth around the world.
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is only open to Somalilander’s and will close on 20th August 2019