|9 December 2021||Project Management||Garowe||Full Time||World Food Programe -WFP|
Requisition ID 153437 – Posted 09/11/2021 – Short Term-SSA WFP – Africa, Central & Eastern – Somalia – Garoowe – Working Job Language (2) – PROGRAMME & POLICY
Opening Date: 09 November 2021 Closing Date: 13 November 2021
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to make Somalia hunger free in close partnership with local partners.
• Support in development of integrated livelihoods approaches that support WFP’s resilience strategy;
• Support integration of scientific knowledge in the field of agriculture and climate change for improved WFP programme implementation of food systems, water management, land restoration and environmental protection.
• Support in data collection and maintain a livelihood activity database;
• Assist in improvement of livelihood activities through regular analysis of collected information and data related to programme implementation;
• Support capacity strengthening initiatives through review and promotion of information materials and curricula;
• Contribute to the development of appropriate manuals, methodologies, guidelines for Cooperating Partners;
• Support in strengthening the networks relevant to livelihoods activities;
• Support SCOPE and COMET related processes when required;
• Perform any other duty as required.
• Secondary school education.
• At least three years of experience in agriculture and livelihoods programming. A certified first degree from a recognized university studying in agriculture, environmental sciences, rural development may be considered in lieu of the years of experience.
• Successfully completed 8-month internship programme with WFP Somalia.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication in Somali and English is a must.
• Knowledge in any of the following areas is desirable: agriculture, resilience, environmental protection and climate change. Based on experience gained during internship period, the candidate should have clear understanding of WFP Agri-livelihoods Interventions in Somalia.
• Experience utilizing computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and other standard software packages.
Contract Duration: 11 months
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.