|10 August 2022||Mogadishu, SOMALIA||Full Time||IDLO - International Development Law Organization|
IDLO, with funds from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL), is implementing a 2-year programme called “Somalia Justice Support Programme.” The SOMJUST responds to the national priorities, as outlined in the 2020-2024 National Development Plan, and aims to contribute to enabling criminal justice institutions to deliver efficient, equitable, and accessible justice services to Somali citizens (Goal). The overall goal of this programme will be achieved through six mutually reinforcing objectives:
Objective 1 - The Judicial Training Institute (JTI) is the national leader for judicial training activities in Somalia.
Objective 2 - Federal and federal member state prosecutors and investigators work together to prosecute complex crimes.
Objective 3 - Somalia custodial corps deliver effective and rights-abiding correctional services.
Objective 4 - The Somalia Bar Association becomes a self-governing body.
Objective 5 - Forensic activities in Somalia are conducted in a harmonized way and line with the National Forensic Plan.
Objective 6 -the Revised Criminal Procedure Code is submitted to the Cabinet.
The Department of Programmes is the central management and coordinating function for programme delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for implementing IDLO’s global programme portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Programme Manager, the Programme Assistant provides day-to-day administrative and logistical support to the Somali IDLO Country Office Programmes team to ensure the smooth operations of the Programmes Department.
1. Support the Programmes Department’s day-to-day administrative, logistics, and coordination support.
2. Act as the focal point for information management within the Programmes Department.
3. Assist the Field Programme Manager and Programme Associate to ensure timely compliance with agreed-upon project deadlines, actions, and requirements, as well as support the preparation of project documents and work plans.
4. Input, organize, and maintain project-related data and materials directly affecting programmes, projects, project record files, technical publications, and other references.
5. Provides administrative support to the organization of conferences, workshops, and other events, including logistics and preparing materials for meetings such as agendas, handouts, binders
6. Support the Field Programme Manager and Programme Associate to implement administrative and procurement procedures in line with the Field Operations Manual and IDLO Procurement Policies and Procedures (i.e., preparation of purchase requisition, payment requests, travel requests).
7. Support in contract preparation for short-term contracts, including preparing Terms of Reference.
8. Support in researching material for the various programme’ s streams’ activities and preparing background material for programme activities.
9. Take minute meetings and share with Field Programme Manager, Programme Associate, and meeting attendees.
10. Prepare routine correspondence, announcements, and reports in accordance with programme needs.
11. Handle routine matters on behalf of the supervisor and follow up on the status of correspondence and administrative issues.
12. Coordinate programme-related work with other IDLO functional units.
13. Perform other similar duties as required by the supervisor.
Education and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, law, political science, social sciences, or a related field.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience providing administrative support to projects/programmes.
• Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
• Excellent written and communication skills in English and Somali are required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to develop and foster working relationships across a globally based organization.
• Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information contributes, encourages, and motivates others to participate in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary.
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization in achieving its objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and funding availability.
In addition, IDLO shall offer a yearly basic salary, medical insurance, and leave entitlements, including in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting them to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
Application deadline: 10 AUGUST 2022 (23:59hrs Rome Time).