|20 January 2022||Operations||Mogadishu, Somalia||Full Time||CTG|
|Job title||VAC-6770 Operations Analyst|
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s in or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required OR High School / Secondary or equivalent with 6 years of relevant experience is required. (essential).|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 6 year/s of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience (desirable).|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 6 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).|
Fluent in English (essential).
Fluent in French (essential).
|CTG overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.|
|Overview of position|
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The Operations Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Officer. S/he will undertake the following responsibilities and duties as follows:
· Provide support to the Operations and Project Management team, including open-source research, organization and management of schedules and coordination of events in the Sector hub.
· Follow-up on support requests received from stakeholders, address delays and bring to the attention of Operations Officer and Project/Deputy Manager.
· Drafting of correspondence and internal procedural directives, Standard Operating Procedures relating to Operational matters.
· Coordinate, as part the Sector Operations team, training, mentoring and equipment issues, in support of AMISOM Sector 4, and when applicable Somali Security Forces.
· Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on project issues.
· Preparing routine field visits (when security situation permits) to monitor the training and mentoring support provided to AMISOM, by the implementing partner.
· Ensure work plans and documentation are in line with defined standards and process requirements.
· Provide clear documents on project issues and bring matters that need decision by the Operations Officer/ Project Manager/Deputy Project Manager to his/her attention.
· Develop and maintain a tracking system to assist the Project in following up on pending issues.
· Prepare and facilitate regular project meetings and take minutes in support of the Department.
· Maintain project office files and monitor their status, ensuring the system is regularly updated
· Maintain work records and prepare weekly reports.
· Monitor the convoy smartsheet and coordinate with the Sector Operations Officer to validate and organize the data.
· Support in organizing presentations and providing briefings to Our client’s Senior Management.
· Perform any other tasks and duties as requested by the Operations Officer, and Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager.
|Project reporting||The Operations Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the AMISOM Support Project Sector Operations Officer.|
1. Key Competencies
· Integrity & Inclusion
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
· Leading Self and Others
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others.
· Results Orientation
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
· Solution Focused
Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
· Effective Communication
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
|Team management||Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.|
Education/ Experience/ Language Requirements
· A first level University degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with a minimum of two years of relevant experience is required; OR
· High School (Secondary or equivalent) with six years of relevant experience is required.
· Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management and/or development, project administration or finance / administration support.
· Within relevant experience a minimum of one year experience working in an international organization is required;
· Experince in report writing is required;
· Computer literacy is required.
· Fluency in English and French languages (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.