|11 April 2021||Contract & Consultant||Mogadishu, Somalia||Full Time||save the children|
The following provides guidance on development of role profiles. This guidance should be used when completing the template. (Please use font Gill Sans MT size 11)
|TITLE: Junior SAGAL Advisor – MoLSA|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: SAGAL MoLSA (Secondment)||LOCATION: Mogadishu, Somalia|
|GRADE: (please leave this blank)||
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
(This section explains the level and type of contact the post holder may have with children. These levels are determined in accordance with our Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy. Select the level applicable to the post and delete the levels that are not relevant to the post holder). Please check with HR for further clarification
Level 1: A basic criminal record background (DBS) check is required/equivalent police record check.
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Junior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor (SMSA) will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and administration for the SAGAL Social Cash Transfer Coordination Unit (SSCTCU), the daily liaison and coordination with FMS, the operational issues with the Consortium Management Unit, and partners, donors and other key stakeholders of the project while also holding primary responsibility for organization and operations. The JMSA will report to the Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor (SMSA) and will coordinate and liaise with the Social Transfer Advisors for the Federal Member States.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor
Staff reporting to this post:
Direct: Social Transfer Advisor FMS (multiple)
Budget Responsibilities: £xxxx per year
Role Dimensions: The role is key in the management of the SAGAL project and requires diplomacy, problem solving, initiative and follow through of various tasks. S/he must have the ability to establish productive working relationship with various international, national and government (federal and state-level) counterparts. S/he must show readiness and proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment; and the ability to solve problems and follow through with tasks with minimal supervision.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Support the administrative, programmatic, and the operations aspect of the project: ensuring that project resources are allocated according to plan, and activities are in line with the project’s objectives, policies and guidelines.
2. Facilitating services in the functional areas of operations support: budget and reporting, administration.
3. Assist the SMSA in the day-to-day management of the project activities including coordinating with different ministries and FMS to ensure commitment and ownership of the implementation of the project.
4. Support the preparation of timely progress, financial, and other relevant reports to MoLSA, other relevant government entities (Ministry of Planning, etc.), and Cash Consortia.
5. Contribute and coordinate the preparation of the Standard Operating Procedures for a government-owned and led social transfer model, ensuring that project implementation follows the stipulations of the SoPs.
6. Engage with the research and learning personnel to ensure learning pieces are well coordinated and effectively implemented to fill learning and evidence gaps in a way that will feed into systems development.
7. Facilitate, participate and follow-up meetings with key Government counterparts, stakeholders and other partners as necessary and ensure records, recommendations and agreements are recorded and filed.
8. Maintain project filing system and continuously update the files, keep tracks of documents related to the project.
9. Review and maintain incoming and outgoing communications and draft correspondences and memos as deemed necessary.
10. Assist in monitoring the compliance with all project requirements.
11. Assist in the coordination and liaison with Social Transfer Advisors and other counterparts in Federal Member States.
12. Participate in all joint implementation and supervision missions monitoring missions, and project related workshops, consultations, meetings as required. This may include travel to project sites throughout the country.
13. Execute any other assignment as required by the project management.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Master’s degree in social sciences, management, economics, business administration, or a related field with at least 2 years of work experience in relevant fields; or a bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of work experience in relevant fields.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in successfully supporting or assisting programs in cash, nutrition, health, education, or other development field.
· Proven record of knowledge, experience in working with the Federal Government of Somalia and development partners.
· Strong public sector experience, and/or private sector experience is desirable.
· Firsthand knowledge of Somalia and sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and cultural context in particular.
· Demonstrated organization, initiative, and time management skills.
· Proven experience in coordinating, cooperating and negotiating with high level Government officials, donor partners and diverse local stakeholders.
· Complete fluency and writing skills in Somali and English.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female qualifiedcandidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:- https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=21000297&lang=en