|18 October 2019||Administration/Finance||Baidoa, Somalia||Full Time||Save The Children|
|TITLE: Finance Assistant|
CONTRACT LENGTH:12 months
Level 1: the role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
The role of the Finance Assistant is to manage the receipt and disbursement of funds and maintaining accurate financial records and supporting the programme in Baidoa field Office.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to:Finance Officer
Number of direct reports: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Collect funds and make various payments as per the authorization and approval of Budget Holders and in accordance with Save the Children’s financial management policy.
· Ensure that all collections and payments are done against serially pre-numbered cash receipt and cash payment vouchers.
· Support and facilitate all payment for Baidoa Office and check the documents before the suppliers are paid
· Manage cash balances to ensure that sufficient balances are maintained for ongoing activities while preventing high cash closing balances.
· Maintain a cash book and perform daily cash reconciliation for all currencies. Carry out weekly and monthly cash counts with senior staff
· Preparation of Floats and subsequent follow up and ensure timely clearance of outstanding floats and inform the Finance Officer on long standing floats regularly
· Ensure monthly closing and cash follow status report is produced on time, in both electronic and hard copies
· Ensuring prior approval from relevant senior managers, where necessary send cash to the field (cash replenishment and other requests) by the approved means and ensures receipt of remittances.
· Prepare all suppliers payment on time; prepare cheques , review and verify financial transactions/ documentation for accuracy, and completeness.
· Ensure full compliance of financial transactions with SCI rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems
· Ensure proper files are maintained and well secured in the Finance Department to enable a complete audit trail from the Agresso FMS accounts records to supporting documentation and vice versa.
· Prepare the Petty cash GLACOS, input the data on daily basis and share the Mogadishu Finance team the complete GLACOS on every Thursday for further review
· Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
· Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure the security of staff.
· Perform any other related duties as required
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
· Makes decisions based on professional expertise and experience without deferring unnecessarily to others
· Shares knowledge and best practice on technical solutions so that others can make best use of that expertise
· Actively seeks new ways to develop the application of technical and professional standards within the team
Working effectively with others
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
¨ Minimum 2 years proven work experience within a busy working environment, preferably INGOs
¨ Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets and Ms Word
¨ Cash Management (handle, disburse and recording all transactions)
¨ High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
¨ Ability to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
¨ Supportive personnel management style
¨ Good communication and interpersonal skills
¨ Working knowledge of Agresso accounting package
¨ Previous work experience with INGOs
CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to
|Date of issue:17/09/2019 Author: Finance|