|11 November 2020||Administration/Finance||Beletweyne, Somalia||Full Time||International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)|
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and
strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
About the Job
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting within the Sub Structure. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel in the Sub-Structure.
This is a National/Resident position based in Beletweyne.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures that all payments have all the necessary supporting documents and the cash count is done on daily basis
• In charge of the accounts of the sub-structure
• Establishes and ensures appropriate book keeping for the Sub-Structure
• Prepares the annual budget, monthly forecast and risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations
• Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises; maintains an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation for all staff
• Responsible for proper management of the premises within the area of responsibility and ensures that all the passive security measures put in place and are functioning
• Supports in all travel arrangements at the Sub Structure level
• Supports the Human Resources function in recruitment, appraisal process, salary administration and absence management
• In close collaboration with the Human Resources department ensures compliance to statutory reporting and remittance requirements
• Supervises, coaches and evaluates performance for staff working in the Administration department at the Sub Structure level
• Adheres to the monthly reporting timelines
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent qualification in a related field of study
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in Finance and Administration
• Detail-oriented, highly organized and practices strict adherence to timelines
• Excellent analytical, team management skills and a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent command of English and Somali language
• Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
• Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
• Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
• A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
• Training and development opportunities
• A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 11th October 2020. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information