|15 August 2019||Health||JOWHAR||Full Time||INTERSOS|
1. Terms of reference
3 MIDWIVES-(SOMALI NATIONAL)
Medical Activity Manger
2. Job description
A. General context of the project
General context of the project
INTERSOS is a non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works all over the world bringing assistance to people in danger, such as victims of natural disaster and armed conflict. INTERSOS has been operating as an independent organization in Somalia since 1992. For past 25 years, INTERSOS has been supporting Jowhar Regional Referral Hospital (JRRH) in Middle Shebelle. The hospital has been offering comprehensive health care package, including primary health, nutrition, stabilization centre for severe acute malnourished children with medical complications, and lifesaving specialized services like emergency surgical care and medical treatments for chronic medical conditions, emergency room, laboratory and radiological diagnostic services, and serve as referral centre for all primary health centres in region. Furthermore, the hospital hosts the only stabilization centre for treatment of severe acute malnutrition cases with medical complications, plus a static OTP for treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) without complications, a TB centre which offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment services. Basic emergency maternal and neonatal care services have been also offered by this hospital.
B. General purpose of the position, responsibilities and tasks
General purpose of the position
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
INTERSOS has been supporting the Jowhar Regional Hospital (JRH) in 1992. INTERSOS is urgently looking for several Midwives to support primary and secondary health activities in the Hospital. The Midwives are responsible for providing high quality BEmONC service, as well as contributing to the development of standard operating procedures and best practices. Midwives are roving full-time, performing clinical duties, coordinating with doctors and other technical and paramedical staff, and monitoring and evaluating health conditions of patients.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure effective health Program implementation
· Implementing BEmONC interventions based on patients' health and needs.
· Providing appropriate healthcare service, including immunization, ante-natal care, delivery, and postnatal care.
· providing health education and counselling on identified health and socio-economic needs to patients like, Teach a mother how to breastfeed and care for their infant.
· Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports
· Maintaining records on patient’s personal and health condition/care
· Support the mission, vision, and core values of INTERSOS
· Following and completing assignments as given by the Health and Nutrition Officer;
· Working closely with INTERSOS partners in the field;
· Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
· Conducting home visits of patients and providing referrals;
· Track and maintain medical supply inventory along with other staff members;
· Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions to prescribed patients;
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; Working knowledge of health laws and regulations;
· Perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor
· General this job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the midwife will also perform other related duties as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
· Conduct all duties in a professional manner
· Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
· show merit and ability to be reflected in work performance and results
· Ability to prepare HMIS reports for MOH.
Qualification and Skills Required
· Qualified Midwife in Degree with at least two years of professional experience.
· Knowledge of local language (Somali) is Mandatory; spoken and written English language (an added advantage)
· Relevant further qualification in medical training
· Previous experience working for NGOs an asse
3. Position requirements
• Bachelor or diploma in midwifery from a well-recognized institution, with specialisation in maternal Neonatal care,
• Minimum of two years’ work experience preferred;
• Previous experience, motivation letter from previous job experience (International NGOs);
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
• Computer skills (Word and Excel);
· Excellent self-motivation and decision making skills;
· Extremely flexible, and able to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
· Somali national, able to work in Middle Shabelle Region.
Somalia: Mother tongue
English: able to read, write and understand
As a general input to this section, not mandatory requirements are followed by the word ‘‘desirable’’ in brackets. All other requirements are considered as mandatory.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line as “MIDWIFE” by 15th August, 2019.
The application should be a cover letter and CV as one document and indicate the title of the position on the subject line this will ensure we capture your application in the right way.
Applications should include contact details of three professional referees. One referee must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor.
INTERSOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply Only short listed candidates will be contacted